High Strength Hydrocodone in Development. A high strength, long-acting version of the the highly prescribed and highly abused painkiller opiate, hydrocodone, is in development and reaching a possible approval by the FDA. As the accompanying article reports, there are questionable motives as to the marketing of this drug, and the potential risks with making it available. The manufacturer utilizes a technology called SODAS to deliver the drug in a controlled-release manner, to offer continuous pain relief. The manufacturer, however, has not been able to demonstrate or report on this product’s resistance to tampering and diversion from the intended long-acting nature of drug delivery to an immediate and abused form.
- Colin Crawford on FDA Requirements for Prescription Opiates
- amartin on Adderall Shortage: Where are all the Amphetamines?
- medical blog page on Zohydro: High Strength Hydrocodone…..Without the Acetaminophen
- Lelah Basher on Zohydro: High Strength Hydrocodone…..Without the Acetaminophen
- IT support consultant Chelmsford on Why Medical Prescriptions May Be Killing Thousands of Americans Every Year